I feel like random lists on Fridays is all I got in me these days.
1) Lance and Jack are currently headed up to North Dakota for a wedding…which means it’s just me and the girl this weekend.
Which also means I get to do WHATEVER I WANT after she goes to bed because ONE KID!! I mean there might be movie watching, knitting, reading….so many possibilities! Too bad she has been waking up at 4:30am refusing to go back to sleep lately… so sleeping in till 6 is out of the question. (seriously…when 6am is “sleeping in” what life is this?!)
2) A couple weeks ago I got mastitas. It was awful. I had it when Jack was about 3 weeks old so thankfully I knew the signs…but shit…it came on fast. I went from feeling some pain in my right boob in the morning to shaking uncontrollably and crying from pain a few hours later. I booked it to the closest urgent care and got drugs. They hooked me up with the good shit and I spent the next couple days laying in bed with a heating pad on my boobs. At least the olympics were on so I had something to watch while i floated in and out of consciousness. It took about 48 hours before I felt normal-ish again…which worked out well for wine tasting with my sisters in my hometown that weekend.
3) I won something!! You guys….If you follow me on Instagram you may have noticed this very flattering picture I took of myself holding this map with beercaps.
Well it was for a contest…and I won! Which means I get ANOTHER map and a sweet set of coasters. I actually got this map (from Beer Cap Maps) as an anniversary gift “for Lance”…but really it was for “us” to fill with beers we have enjoyed together. I picked Kansas because we live here now, but I have my eyes set on this giant USA one as my free one.
Which means I’ll have to start organizing my beer drinking by state…and likely have to take some beertrips in the future to really fill it out. If you also want to have an excuse to drink beer you should get your own map.
4) I’ve given up on trying to make our house look decent until Allison is stair trained…because I had no choice but to install this monstrosity last weekend:
Because ain’t nobody got time to guard a baby from going up/down stairs all day. I’m basically a pro at installing baby gates…this is numero 3 for me and I don’t even need directions anymore. Thinking of starting a side gig.
5) FOOTBALL STARTS NEXT WEEK OMG GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!